Perfectionism is a 20-ton shield that we lug around thinking it will protect us
when, in fact, it’s the thing that’s really preventing us
from being seen and taking flight.
~ Brené Brown
So often praised for making us better.
So often credited for our successes.
So often worshipped as the holy grail of blissful happy living.
Yet, it’s our imperfections
that get us there.
To the fulfilling life that makes our heart sing and soul soar.
To the genuine connections that truly nurture us.
To the moments that take our breath away.
It’s our willingness to fail and make a fool of ourselves, that is the gateway to great great joys and soul-filling achievements.
It’s our willingness to not be liked by some, that allows us to be truly loved by others.
It’s our willingness to embrace our quirks, our crazy dreams, our wants and needs, that paves the path for the joy and freedom that come from being in sync with ourselves.
Here’s 5 Myths of Perfection…
1) Perfection makes us grow and get better at what we do. And imperfection just makes us complacent and keeps us stuck in mediocrity.
2) Perfection is the driver of a successful, powerful, buzzing life.
Discover these 31 ways in which perfection just doesn’t live up to that promise.
3) Perfection guarantees a forever-happy-never-a-single-doubt-or-worry-perfectly-blissful life.
Find out here what life truly is like.
4) Perfect results are the only measure of true success.
Find out here how perfection makes us dismiss all the effort we put in – and get a definition of success that is empowering instead of draining.
5) Others just cruise through their perfect lives (while we are always struggling).
Bust that myth right here.
Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.
~ Harriet Braiker
Liked the myth busting? Share these myth busting nuggets with a friend that would like ’em too and give them the gift of embracing who they truly are and thriving because of it!